After having my degree in Vienna Medicine University, Austria, I was a post doc at Lerner Research Center, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio for 5 years. Afterward, I became a Research Associate at Lerner Research Center.
It was great honor for me to be a member of Cleveland Clinic during these years. I saw the people there who are really scientist.
If you also would like to have same experience, just read below.
The Observership program is an informal shadowing experience that enables participants to watch procedures and surgeries; attend patient rounds and teaching conferences; and have full access to Cleveland Clinic’s medical library system. Federal regulations prevent observers from having patient care responsibilities or involvement in any form of volunteer research.
The length of the program typically is one month
Who is Eligible
- Fully trained international physicians and specialists currently practicing abroad
- International residents and fellows currently enrolled in a residency/fellowship program at a foreign institution and who are expected to graduate from that same institution
- International medical students currently enrolled at an international medical school and who are expected to graduate from that same school
All applications require a $500 non-refundable processing fee.
How to Apply for the International Physician Observer Program
1. Observership applications are presented to one specialty only; please select the one specialty that reflects your area of expertise or that you are most interested in.
2. Refer to the schedule below and select an application period most appropriate for you.
4. Complete the application form and submit all required documents before the close date of the period you are applying to.
5. Pay the fee.
|Application periods||Online application open date||Online application close date||Expected notification of final decision|
|Period 1: January, February, March, April 2017||CLOSED||Oct. 14, 2016||Nov. 11, 2016|
|Period 2: May, June, July and August 2017||CLOSED||Feb. 17, 2017||March 17, 2017|
|Period 3: September, October, November, December 2017||Feb. 20, 2017||June 9, 2017||July 7, 2017|
Places to stay around Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
5300 Riverside Drive
Cleveland, OH 44135
Map and Driving Directions
Download a campus map or get driving directions to Cleveland Clinic.
You also can call 216.444.9500 anytime to get automated directions to our main campus via major highways.
Join to our facebook network
Please do not hesitate to ask if have any question!